Who wants to spend hours preparing a recipe for a picnic? Not Ithats for sure! I want to get out and relax as quickly as possible! Go figureI would be in a rush to relax. That says a lot about today’s busy lifestyle, now doesn’t it?
Now before I get off on some long-winded comment about society and pace of life, I’m going to give you a couple of no-fail, quick, in a rush to relax picnic recipes that are a perfect fit for your picnic basket for 2:
Forget the soggy sandwiches; try a picnic roll-up. (this recipe can also be adapted for low-carbohydrate lifestyles)
Items to buy:
- aluminum foil
- large tortillas (use wheat for low-carb)
- thinly sliced lunchmeat of your choice (go aheadsplurge at the deli)
- thinly sliced cheeses
- whole lettuce leaves
- condiments of your choice
The trick to get good roll-ups for this picnic recipe is the order you put the ingredients on the tortilla:
- Lay the tortilla flat on a piece of aluminum foil.
- Put a very light layer of your condiments on the tortilla. (see this picnic recipe is healthy too!)
- Lay the lettuce leaf down. (this is important at this stagethe meat and cheese will hold it down, otherwise your roll wont roll correctly and fall apart)
Then simply roll up your picnic roll and secure with a toothpick. For those of you that want to get really fancy with this picnic recipe, you can cut the roll and serve finger roll-ups.
For those of you that just cant picture a picnic without a dessert, heres a wonderful quick and easy picnic recipe that is sure to please. It’s also a great addition to your picnic basket for 4!
Items to buy:
- Yogurt of your choice
- fruit of your choice
- granola cereal
- clear plastic disposable containers
Simply layer your ingredients as you like and freeze your dessert. When you are ready to go on your picnic, grab the containers. By the time you get where you are going and are ready to eat this picnic recipe, you have a refreshing chilly treat. And there’s no better way to transport this picnic recipes than with a gourmet picnic basket!
Other Picnic Recipes
Try these great picnic recipe ideas on your next picnic outing. They will be sure to liven up the picnic experience!
- Ham and Cheese Picnic Bread – Picnic bread, filled with ham, cheese, pimento and olives.
- Hookerycookery: Picnics and Packed Lunch Recipes – Indexed collection of portable dishes.
- Picnic Pasta Salad – The small amount of mayonnaise allows it to keep much better than the traditional pasta salad.
- Picnic recipes from Razzle Dazzle Recipes – Recipes for picnics, tailgate parties or backyard barbeques.
- Picnic Recipes from That’s My Home – Recipes include Caribbean Picnic Pie, Feast in a Loaf, and Margarita Dessert Dip with Cinnamon Chips.
- Picnic Zucchini Bean Salad Recipe – Simple, chilled salad.
- Tailgate Crab Cakes – A rather complicated recipe to be prepared onsite.